Sales and Sponsorship Internships
Type of Position: Internship (multiple positions available)
Commitment: January 2019–May 2019
Compensation: 40 hours unpaid, with the opportunity to earn college credit
The Sales and Sponsorship Internship program is a hands-on internship that will expose students to all aspects of sales and marketing for a professional baseball team. Students will learn and assist our sales staff with the solicitation of group sales ticket packages and corporate sales. Interns will have a rotational schedule, including office hours and working at home games.
• Supporting the daily task of the Sales Department
• Create and implement programming related to game-day themes and group sales
• Client Prospecting and data base management
• Inside sales
• Create proposals and participate in presentations to prospects
• Assist with the implementation of corporate partnerships
• Sport Management, Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications majors preferred, but candidates with other concentrations considered
• Must be able enthusiastic and able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
• Provide a fun, entertaining, and positive family-friendly experience for our Miners fans.
• Be able to assist and learn from our sales team
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive, outgoing attitude and willingness to learn required
• Must be able to lift 10–40 lbs. and stand for long periods of time as needed
• Able to comply with the rotational schedule of working office hours assisting sales or working the operations of our home games
• Additional mascot appearances and street team events as needed
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications only please.