Type of Position: Internship (multiple positions available)
Commitment: May 2019–August 2019
Compensation: 40 hours unpaid, with the opportunity to earn college credit. Pictures may be used by intern(s) as part of portfolio
The Sussex County Miners are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Photography Intern. This position works closely with the Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations and additional Miners staff members to provide photographs for the Miners’ website, social media, and print publications.
• Photograph live game day action, focusing on the Miners players and coaching staff
• Photograph Miners fans, group outings, pre-game ceremonies, between-inning promotions, concourse events, post-game activities, and the interior and exterior of Skylands Stadium
• Organize pre-game events (including baseball buddies, first pitch, award ceremonies, etc.)
• Upload select photos to Miners Facebook page after every home game
• Work with Miners front office stand to select and edit pictures for website and marketing collateral
• Photography and photojournalism majors preferred, but candidates with other concentrations will be considered
• Candidates must provide their own equipment (Digital SLR camera), tripod, etc.
• Must be able to work with limited supervision
• Candidate must be focused and have a strong attention to detail
• Must possess an outgoing attitude and be eager to interact with fans
• Must be available to work all 2019 Miners home games, including nights and weekends
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications only please.