Digital Media, Marketing, and Community Relations Internships
Type of Position: Internship (multiple positions available)
Commitment: May 2019–August/September 2019
Compensation: 40 hours unpaid, with the opportunity to earn college credit
The Sussex County Miners are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Digital Media, Marketing, and Community Relations Intern. This internship will expose students to marketing, social media management, and community outreach initiatives during the 2019 season.
• Create graphics for upcoming events
• Assist in the production of creative content for website and social media outlets
• Assist in the creation and distribution of marketing collateral (pocket schedule, informational flyers, mass mailers, brochures)
• Assist in the fulfillment of donation requests
• Set up and staff tables and relevant exhibits at community and business-to-business events
• Escort mascot at school and community functions (serve as mascot as needed)
• Support staff in day-to-day operations (including filing, copying, etc.)
• Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Sports Management, Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications majors preferred, but candidates with other concentrations considered
• General knowledge of professional baseball required (all levels of play)
• Candidate must be well organized, focused, and have a strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
• Knowledge of social media (beyond personal use) a plus
• Experience with basic HTML, Photoshop, and video editing a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive, outgoing attitude and willingness to learn required!
• Must be available to work all 2019 Miners home games, including nights and weekends
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications only please.