Game Day Operations and Promotions Internship
Type of Position: Internship (multiple positions available)
Commitment: May 2019–August/September 2019
Compensation: 40 hours unpaid, with the opportunity to earn college credit
The Game Day Operations & Promotions Internship program is a hands-on internship that will expose students to all aspects of game day operations and promotions for a professional baseball team. The internship will enable students to be part of the creation and implementation of the game-day plan, as well as all facets of customer service and satisfaction. Interns will have a rotational schedule, based on overall needs and daily programming.
Game Day Responsibilities
• Produce game day script and map out between-inning promotions
• Coordinate and supervise all on-field contests and promotions
• Organize pre-game events (including baseball buddies, first pitch, award ceremonies, etc.)
• Provide excellent customer services and the knowledge to answer questions at service at the Fan Services booth
• Game day sales of Launch-A-Ball, programs, merchandise, etc.
• Assist with all stadium operations and general stadium upkeep
• Sport Management, Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications majors preferred, but candidates with other concentrations considered
• Must be able enthusiastic and able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
• Provide a fun, entertaining, and positive family-friendly experience for our Miners fans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive, outgoing attitude and willingness to learn required
• Must be able to lift 10–40 lbs. and stand for long periods of time as needed
• Must be available to work all 2018 Miners home games, including nights and weekends
• Able to comply with the rotational schedule of working office hours assisting sales or working the operations of our home games
• Additional mascot appearances and street team events as needed
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. Email applications only please.